The Government of India is organizing a landmark event called “Make-in-India Week” in Mumbai from 13-18 February, 2016. Hon’ble Prime Minister, Mr. Narendra Modi would inaugurate the event on 13th February 2016. The Make in India Week would showcase the people, policies and partnerships that are driving India’s new manufacturing revolution. The week long calendar would offer unprecedented access, insights and opportunities to connect and collaborate with India and global industry leaders, policy makers, visionaries, central & state administrators. The theme of the weeklong event would be innovation, design, advanced manufacturing and sustainability. A number of events have been planned around this theme on the larger canvas of manufacturing. A draft programme is attached.
The showcasing of sectors through pavilions and sectoral seminars on Aerospace & Defense, Automobile & components, Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Construction equipment, Materials & Technology, Food processing, Infrastructure development, IT & Electronics, Industrial Equipment & machinery, Pharmaceuticals and Textiles would provide participants an opportunity to interact with global companies, business leaders and help expand business horizons.
As you may be aware, Make in India initiative of PM Modi has made a tremendous impact on the investment climate of the country. FDI inflows into India have grown by around 40% as compared to FDI inflows declining by 16% across the world. Indian growth story has received much global attention:
• India – No. 1 attractive investment destination globally – Ernest & Young (E&Y)
• India ranked No. 1 amongst the world’s fastest growing economies – (International Monetary Fund (IMF)
• India ranked No. 1 as Greenfield Foreign Direct Investment destination (January-June 2015) – Financial Times, UK
• India ranked No. 1 amongst 100 countries on Growth, Innovation and Leadership Index – Frost & Sullivan
• India ranked No. 1 amongst the world’s topmost investment destinations from 110 countries polled – Foreign Policy Magazine
You may like to visit the website: http://www.makeinindia.com/mumbai-week for more details.
Regards and best wishes for 2016,
Consul General of India